Thursday, June 29th
Location and Parking:
Northshore Junior High
12101 NE 160th St, Bothell, WA 98011
(East of the NE 160th Exit from I-405)
Volunteer Parking options:
- Woodmoor Elementary School (next to Northshore JH)
12225 NE 160th St, Bothell, WA 98011
- Neighborhoods around Northshore Junior High
(see the map below)
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT park at Northshore Junior High, as parking is limited and reserved for our guests. Woodmoor Elementary is adjacent to Northshore Junior High and connected by a footbridge. Other options include car-pooling or street parking in the neighborhoods around Northshore Junior High.
How will I be trained?
We will be producing a Facebook Live video via the Care Day page at approx. 2p on Wed, June 28th. ***Please watch for that link in an email being sent on Wed pm, as that will be the primary mode of training. Watch as many times as you like and bring your questions to Care Day at 9am.
That’s ok, I’ve been a volunteer at Care Day before! No need for training.
Hmmm, well, we’re changing a few things, so you’ll still want to watch the video. We will answer questions and take a tour starting at Care Day, at 9a.
8:00 Volunteer Team Leads and Providers Arrive
9:00 Volunteer Orientation in library (follow the signs). Parking is challenging – plan to arrive by 8:45 to get parked and checked in; we start promptly at 9 and want you there!)
10:00 Doors Open for Guests
3:00 Event Ends and Clean Up Begins
What to Bring/Wear:
- Limit the personal belongings as much as possible. A safe place will be available for you to store your purses/valuables during the event.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. You will be walking a lot.
- If you have a Care Day t-shirt from last year, please wear it. If not, you will be provided a Care Day shirt when you check-in.
Food, Drinks & Breaks:
- Water and light snacks (granola bars) will provided for volunteers and providers.
- Breaks should be taken as needed throughout the day, please coordinate with your team lead.
- Lunch – all volunteers are invited to dine at lunch with our guests and service providers in the dining area. The menu is chicken tacos and salads; if you have any special dietary needs, you may want to bring your own food/snack along with you.
Your Role as a Volunteer:
- Volunteers are integral to the success of this event. Your primary job is to help provide a warm, welcoming and hospitable environment for guests and to help them access the services they need. Due to the nature of this event, your flexibility is needed as we may need to shift volunteers around to a variety of roles during the day. You will get all the training you need when you arrive on Care Day.
Lauren Neal and Kara Cecil
Volunteer Coordinators, Care Day
email@example.com 206 335 7906